Sunday, June 8, 2008

Week In Review

Life is splendid, although I have not blogged in over a week. I am not a person of excuses, but if I had to give a reason it would be time and the fact that my PC got a virus and it's been out of commission for a few days. So tonight I type using our new HP laptop that I am loving so far!!
Hooray! And I am jamming out to the Juno soundtrack that my brother sent me yesterday - I love brothers!
So I would like to re-cap the week for some record keeping --
It's been great!! Way last weekend began with a group HH at EBB. Yum and the perfect way to end the week. The night before I had gotten evaluated for my headaches. I finally caved and made an appt. since they were becoming unbearable and literally lasting for whole days at a time. We determined that it may be from my teeth grinding and jaw clenching but I also took some Imitrex samples since the regular meds don't seem to work. The first one I took amazingly made me not have a headache for almost 3 days in a row which was a record for probably the last 4 months so I was thrilled. And I also bought an attractive mouthguard to trial for a month. So let's hope it works!

B and A hosted a great birthday BBQ on Sat too! Thanks Ashley for helping me dress shop that morning!

Andrew and I found and met with our photographer last week and ended the night at the Pike Brewery to test the waters before our rehearsal dinner. I did my usual Red Cross Wednesday night and Thursday we met with our DJ and also the videographer, Ken, who is a Turpin family friend. We were able to catch a bit of a karaoke show witht them too. Lots more wedding happenings this week too.
I had a job interview at Fred Hutch on Friday!!!! - I will tell you more about it depending on what I hear this week (I am VERY happy about it but don't want to get my hopes up). I think that morning went well and it would be a huge goal come true for me to get my foot in the door there. My passion is oncology and transplant and this job would focus on breast cancer research with several opportunities to do transplant and other leukemia work. It is a level higher than where I am now and a wonderful career move in general. The biggest stressor was that my Dell crashed and that was the only location of my resume, etc. that I needed that morning. Andrew to the rescue....he managed to open and print everything that I needed. I am sooooooooo lucky to have him! He had rescued me the night before too - I was on a new bus on my way to volunteer and realized that I was in a completely different neighborhood of town. Once again, Andrew came to the rescue and got me to my appointment via car on time. Today we cruised up to OH to visit the Turpins and had a great afternoon with them.
Big days of this week: Happy 30th to Stace (June 5th!) and Chels (June 8th!) - Miss and love you both!!! Welcome to the 30s!!
Restaurants of the week: Pike Place and the neighborhood Tacqueria.
I am off to explore more of the Google world and listen to the list that Pandora music will now create for me...

No comments: